- A copy of current medical records, previous
laboratory values and vaccination history should be
faxed to us prior to patient's scheduled
CBC, serum chemistry and urinalysis
should be done on the patient within 7 days prior to
admission for therapy, and results must be faxed as
- Acceptable radiographs of thorax should
have been taken within 14 days prior to admission.
Evaluation of radiographs should be reported on lab
- Our medical staff reserves the right
to deny therapy if a malignancy is detected or other medical
conditions that might contraindicate radioiodine
- Cats will be maintained in a state approved
radioactive isolation facility until the exposure rate is
equal to or less than 0.5 mr/hr at 3 feet from the cat.
Cats are usually released the same day. Some
restrictions must be followed at home for 2 weeks
- Visitation of cats will not be allowed while in
- Radioiodine therapy and isolation care is $995.00.
For information on feline hyperthyroidism or to make
an appointment, please contact